Thank you for your interest in a Celeto Poodle puppy. We do our best to ensure that our puppies are sold to loving committed homes and this questionnaire will help us to better know you and what you are looking for in a puppy. By filling out this application puppy buyers are helping us to get a feel for what their family’s lifestyles are and what types of characteristics they are looking for in their new puppy. An active, young family is more likely to be looking for an outgoing, energetic puppy that can keep up with their busy lifestyle while an older, retired couple may be looking for a more laid back, calm puppy.
Please cut and paste this into an email and send it to Liz @ firstname.lastname@example.org with “Standard Puppy Buyer Application” in the subject line; thank you.
City and Postal Code:
- Where did you hear about us (internet search, referral, etc.); if referral, by whom? (I’d like to thank them!)
- Why have you decided to buy a Standard poodle?
- Which characteristics of the Standard poodle have drawn you to this breed?
- Do you currently own any other pets? If so, what are the ages of these pets, have they always lived with you? Are these other pets neutered? What sex are these pets?
- Do you prefer a male or a female? Why? Would you take a different sex or color if your first choice is unavailable in this litter?
- What do you know about the grooming requirements of a standard poodle?
- Will you be taking your puppy to a professional groomer or would you like to learn how to groom your puppy yourself?
- What is the most important reason for purchasing a Standard poodle? (Please check all that apply to your situation)
- Family Companion____
- Show/Breed Potential____
- Obedience competition____
- Agility/Flyball Competition____
- Grooming Competitions____
- Pet Therapy____
- Please describe your family to me. Names and ages; including children, Married, Single, widowed, divorced.
- Do all members in your family want a new puppy? Is there usually someone home during the day? Is everyone willing to help out? If you work how long are you gone? Who will care for the puppy while you work?
- Do you live in a house or apartment, (if you rent a letter from your landlord will be required stating the dog will be allowed in your home).
- Is your yard completely fenced with secure fencing?
- Where will the puppy be kept while you are away from home?
- Do you have a swimming pool? If yes, is it completely fenced off?
- Have you completed any AKC/CKC/UKC titles on other dogs? If so, please explain.
- Do you have a trusted veterinarian? If yes, do they support raw feeding? Do they support minimal vaccinations? We expect our dog owners to become partners with their veterinarian in all health care matters of your new puppy, instead of just turning all decisions over to your veterinarian. Our puppies should not receive scheduled vaccinations, but instead should have titers run before receiving follow up vaccinations after their puppy core vaccines.
- If this puppy is purchased for any reason other than a show/breed prospect, do you agree to have it spayed/neutered no earlier than 12 months but by 18 months of age and submit to me a veterinarian certificate as proof of surgery for my records?
- Have you bred dogs before? If yes, please explain .
- Do you travel frequently or when you are away on family vacations will your dog travel with you or do you have a plan for its care during your absence?
- If you have bought other puppies please list from whom they were purchased and could these breeders be used as a reference?
- If you have owned pets previously, how long did your last pet live? What were the circumstances of its death?
- Have you ever returned a pet to a breeder? If so, what were the circumstances?
- Have you ever given a pet away? If so, what were the circumstances
- Have you ever taken a pet to a pound or shelter? If so, what were the circumstances?
- Our expectation is that our buyers commit to weekly formal training classes with the puppy through adulthood, 2-3 years of age, preferably at a leading dog training facility. Our poodles require regular training and mental stimulus over their lifetime. Do you agree to enroll your puppy in basic obedience classes as soon as possible?
- Are you interested in showing in conformation?
- Have you ever finished a dog to championship?
- Are you interested in performance competition (rally, obedience, agility, hunting, etc).?
- Have you ever put a performance title on a dog?
- Are you interested in training your dog for therapy service?
- We prefer owners who are willing to feed a raw diet. Our minimum standard is The Whole Dog Journal's list of freeze dried, dry or canned premium foods. I feed my dogs raw and naturally raise our puppies on a raw diet. Are you willing to feed a raw diet?
- Please tell us in a paragraph or so what you are looking for in your next poodle; the more I know the better match I can make.
- Please include some photos of your yard, family, pets or any other pictures you would like us to see. This will give us a better understanding to the type of home one of our puppies may be going to.
All puppies will be registered with AKC and the registered name must include prefix “Celeto”. All puppies are evaluated at approximately eight weeks for temperament and show potential. All puppies will have received age appropriate vaccinations and worming prior to leaving for their new forever homes, and will have been health checked by the breeder’s veterinarian. Puppies may go to their new homes at approximately nine weeks of age. It is your responsibility to have your puppy examined by your veterinarian within 72 hours of taking possession of your puppy.
Companion pet puppies are sold only with a spay/neuter agreement, with limited registration documentation held by breeder until proof of spay/neuter is provided. Puppies should not be spayed or neutered until 12-18 months of age to allow for growth plates to close. Show potential puppies sold with full registration will be co-owned with breeder until championship title has been achieved, health testing is complete, and any other breeding requirements have been met. Registration documents will be held by breeder until such requirements have been met. Please contact me directly to discuss availability, price, deposit, terms of ownership, etc. We do not to ship our puppies. We require you personally visit our home and take delivery of your puppy. If you do not live within driving distance, you can fly into Chicago, pick up your puppy and fly home with the puppy in the cabin underneath the seat in a soft sided carrier.
All prospective buyers must provide two references, with phone #’s, to whom I may speak personally.
- Name, #, relationship:
- Name, #, relationship:
Please feel free to contact me for any information about our dogs, purchasing a puppy, or just questions about what it means to have the joy of a poodle in your life! Please send this back to Liz at your convenience and for any questions you may have please contact Liz at email@example.com
Thank you for your interest in a Celeto Poodle puppy. We look forward to speaking with you!
Liz Newby & Jane Newby
Celeto Standard & Miniature Poodles